Tuesday, June 22, 2010

people who can walk into a glass door.

*disclaimer*
i wrote this on father's day and then had to take a break from it.
this is not the father's day entry... this is a mommyvent.

you know how there are those "America's Funniest Home Videos" where some person or house pet runs full speed into a glass door, thinking that it's open but it really isn't?

today's events (it's only 730 am & there have been plenty to give me cause to create this "award" category) have led me to create a constructive way to vent frustrations - at least for right now.

No promises for the remainder of the day, though, with it being Sunday - not too much will be allowed to go awry.

So.. the inaugural edition of people who can walk into a glass door.

Topping the list at #1 - whoever put Becton to bed early enough last night that he decided he needed to be bright eyed and bushy-tailed at 4am. And STILL awake at 7:40 am. And if you've ever had a two year old who is out of their crib at 4am with a daddy who has to get enough sleep to be coherent enough to drive by 6:30 am, you'll understand that it means nobody other than mommy is awake with the 2 year old at 4 am after having just fed the 3 month old at "I don't even want to look at my clock because if I can just get her latched on, I can go back to sleep" a.m.

I'm still really bitter about number 1 - so I'm going to need some time to get over it before I can healthily move to number 2.

But just so you know - number 2 is allowing people to use cooking instruments and kitchen instruments of whatever fashion, knowing full and daggone well they SUCK at usage of either instrument, yet everyone crossing their path is then forced to pretend like the person hasn't given all of our jaws a work out by the mere attempt of consuming the items prepared. And then making enough of the suspect food items for "leftovers" that could reasonably be used as weapons.

Still seething over #1 - as I'm still awake and it is now 10am.

#3 - people who participate in creating a miserable existence and then complain about it or coerce others to participate in the results of their miserable existence and expect you to want to stay around them in their misery.

#4 - the irony of life.... the 2year from 4am finally falls asleep at 10:40 a.m. just in time for the 3 month old to wake up and begin her tirade.

1 comment:

Ariana said...

I have walked into a glass door. Full speed. In a rush. BAM. with glasses on. I don't know what clear path I was seeing at the time, but I am sure the lady at the front desk has not forgotten said incident. embarrassment. pain. sadness.

luv u