Saturday, January 15, 2011

Egg Beater Sword Fights

We'll have to find a picture to document this, but 2yo and 10mo make it a point to regularly get the electric mixer beater things out of the drawer and "sword fight" with them. Usually 10mo instigates the fight and 2yo complies.

New to their ongoing battles is Becton's "big boy" chair and his new, "couch" - I call it.

The story is this: We have a hard time feeding one kid while containing the other, because we only have 1 high chair. So on a whim, I bought a ToyStory mini high chair with its own little table to use for 10mo. However, when 2yo saw it and exclaimed "*gasp* IT'S A SUPER HERO CHAIR FOR BECTON!!!!!" it became his "big boy chair."

This big boy chair not only serves as his eating area, but it is also his personal snack seat while he is at "his" computer doing his daily sesamestreet.org stuff. Any attempts by "baby stisser" to sit in it, cause huge meltdowns.

Additional coolness in 2yo's life occurred after our latest diapers.com delivery. An exceptionally larger box than we normally get was delivered this time. I came home from work to find Becton sitting in it, with his pillow pet, a sippy cup, and a few toys - contently watching TV.

Daddy ran to the store and Becton asked me to do "mighty machine train" with him. So he's all excited "Let's go!!!!" and runs to get into the box. I was not properly briefed on any of the "mighty machine train" procedures and did not know that i was supposed to pull him around the house "Wonder Pets flyboat" style.

he settled for my "chugga chugga choo choo" noises until daddy got home.

Once properly briefed on the appropriate "mighty machines train" procedure, I was also given the background information about how the mighty machines train came to be.

Michael, being the creative daddy/part kid that he is - decided that the empty box was a perfect toy for 2yo. He drew two wheels on the side of the box and excitedly told Becton that it was a cool train!

Smarter than your average toddler, 2yo looks at the box and turns it around to the non-two-wheel-having-side and brings it over to daddy, "You want daddy make the wheels?"

Silly daddy, trains have wheels on both sides. But who'd think a 2 year old would point that out? Guess Mike will learn not to try and get one over on this little guy anymore. All is well, however, Becton sits in the "train" to watch his tv shows. he gets really relaxed in it too, hence me calling it his couch.

And a final note - we have almost hit 7 days in a row of little missy sleeping through the night! I hope I'm not jinxing myself by putting it out there. The splendor of a full night's sleep is truly amazing. I just may finish my dissertation this year! Hallelujah!

No comments: