It's like welcome back Kotter around here these days! I sometimes think this whole blogging and online thing is a joke. I mean, who's really going to chime in and read this? If you decide to read this please DO comment. Otherwise I hold onto the hope that ten or twenty years down the line we'll be able to pull these online writings and pages up to reminisce and laugh about the good old days with our children and family members.
I know for a fact my bro and I have a habit of making fun of eachother. Heck, part of the fun is laughing at your self while your brother is making fun of you. Usually it begins with Sam and I embelishing a story from our teen years involving our older and liberal nature loving tree hugger named Bo. I still remember the time Bo tore after me (probably for trimming our pine bushes too short. See I told you he was a libreal tree hugger!) and I narrowly escaped into the house slamming the door shut halfway on his head. It was straight out of a horror movie, I kid you not. Can you picture Jack Nicholson in The Shining with his head peaking through the wooden door? "Here's Johnny!" I'm pushing and holding with all my might as my brother's big head is stuck between the door and door frame. All the while he has this maniacal (is this even a word? LOL) scream and contorted face going on. As if I'm crushing his head and he's not sure if he wants to scream from the pain or his intense desire to rip me limb from limb for harming his tree friends. In the terror I call for Sam to help me and we both are able to push the door to the point that either has my blood thirsty brother give up from pain or become overpowered. Regarding my brother Bo's strength; wow it's amazing what your body can do and the power it puts out when it is in survival mode. Or when it wants to re-establish tree hugger rights in the testosterone filled Schultz household.
Ok so enough of the old school. We all know LaShawn is pregnant and that I'm the daddy. We had been married only about 7 months when the diabolical Diane McAdams accused me of shooting blanks. Ha, this will teach her a lesson. Let's just say the Schultz boys are known for packing some heavy artillery. (Oops, maybe I should have put a disclaimer on this entry eh?) I can't describe how excited I am for this. There is a mini-me life growing in my wife's stomach. With the whole world falling around us in a midst of political correctness and immorality here's a chance for me to spread my gospel belief and morals to a human life who can add to the fight against it all. Or maybe, just maybe there's a part of me that is looking forward to having another kid around the house to play with. With my juvenile demeanor and LaShawn's super duty seriousness I end up in more trouble than the Beaver with my pranks and unacceptable comments or jokes. And so on November 13th we go in for an ultra sound and will likley find out the sex of the child. I'm hoping for a girl and LaShawn wants a little boy. No matter what it's a blessing from God and we will be eternally grateful for whatever he gives us. And let's just say the kid loves motorcycles, guns, blowing things up, and serving others...well, then things will be just fine. If not, then I'll have to teach him myself!

I know for a fact my bro and I have a habit of making fun of eachother. Heck, part of the fun is laughing at your self while your brother is making fun of you. Usually it begins with Sam and I embelishing a story from our teen years involving our older and liberal nature loving tree hugger named Bo. I still remember the time Bo tore after me (probably for trimming our pine bushes too short. See I told you he was a libreal tree hugger!) and I narrowly escaped into the house slamming the door shut halfway on his head. It was straight out of a horror movie, I kid you not. Can you picture Jack Nicholson in The Shining with his head peaking through the wooden door? "Here's Johnny!" I'm pushing and holding with all my might as my brother's big head is stuck between the door and door frame. All the while he has this maniacal (is this even a word? LOL) scream and contorted face going on. As if I'm crushing his head and he's not sure if he wants to scream from the pain or his intense desire to rip me limb from limb for harming his tree friends. In the terror I call for Sam to help me and we both are able to push the door to the point that either has my blood thirsty brother give up from pain or become overpowered. Regarding my brother Bo's strength; wow it's amazing what your body can do and the power it puts out when it is in survival mode. Or when it wants to re-establish tree hugger rights in the testosterone filled Schultz household.
Ok so enough of the old school. We all know LaShawn is pregnant and that I'm the daddy. We had been married only about 7 months when the diabolical Diane McAdams accused me of shooting blanks. Ha, this will teach her a lesson. Let's just say the Schultz boys are known for packing some heavy artillery. (Oops, maybe I should have put a disclaimer on this entry eh?) I can't describe how excited I am for this. There is a mini-me life growing in my wife's stomach. With the whole world falling around us in a midst of political correctness and immorality here's a chance for me to spread my gospel belief and morals to a human life who can add to the fight against it all. Or maybe, just maybe there's a part of me that is looking forward to having another kid around the house to play with. With my juvenile demeanor and LaShawn's super duty seriousness I end up in more trouble than the Beaver with my pranks and unacceptable comments or jokes. And so on November 13th we go in for an ultra sound and will likley find out the sex of the child. I'm hoping for a girl and LaShawn wants a little boy. No matter what it's a blessing from God and we will be eternally grateful for whatever he gives us. And let's just say the kid loves motorcycles, guns, blowing things up, and serving others...well, then things will be just fine. If not, then I'll have to teach him myself!

No comments:
Post a Comment