Wednesday, May 28, 2008

The Numbers.... 5's, 8's and all that good stuff.

Well, since the day is dragging on in quite the interminable manner, what better way to break the cycle than to fill out survey-esque thingamabobs that make you think?!

Starting with the smaller numbers - thanks to my fabulous cousin (in-law? how does that work anyway?) Jenn

What I was doing 10 years ago:
hmm.. the survey is called the 5's... yet this is the only 10? Interesting. Alright... 10 years ago I was 18, almost 19 and just finished a horrendous freshman year at Duke. I came home for the summer and got kicked out of my house, actually. See, it was all because of this misunderstanding between me, my "friends" (who did not have my back), and my mom... and this one late night visit to my on again/off again boyfriend's house at 3 or 4 am and not coming home like i was supposed to. Soooo yeah... the summer of freshman/sophomore transition wasn't cool. I took calculus I and II at Fayetteville State University - passed both with A's, in an attempt to replace the F I got at Duke, and tried to save an unworthy relationship with my boyfriend who was dating some other girl at the same time... again. (You'd think I would have learned after the first time... ah, "love")

Anyway... yeah, 10 years ago... not really a place I want to keep visiting. LOL - why didn't this ask about 5 years ago? That's when I met Michael. Well, almost. Let's do 5 years ago at this time. Okay, I was getting ready to start my Master's program unofficially at Marywood University and I'd recently been called as "stake young single adult leader" or something and when they were setting me apart (that's giving me a blessing in order to do my calling for all the non-LDS folk) they blessed me to be a light? or motivation? or something to the young men I would come in contact with. I remembered thinking in my head "oh good grief, here we go again" and I'm hoping that my groan wasn't audible. My "companion" in young single adult stuff was this nice guy named Cory, who thought that we'd possibly have a chance together. I thought differently but he was a nice guy anyway. So this was the summer that I signed up on ldssingles.com that would later lead me to my handsome Latin Lover, Michael Schultz, in December of 2003 when he sent me a cute little flirt and I began stalking him on MSN Messenger for the fateful day he would sign on and i could chat with him and find him amazingly attractive, cocky, intelligent, argumentative, and sweet, all at the same time without annoying me to no end. Yay for 2003!!!! Alright... i can move on now.

5 snacks i enjoy: (in no particular order)
1. sunflower seeds
2. red sour belts from the candy factory in northgate mall in durham, north carolina (there's a reason why i'm that specific... haven't found those belts since then and they STILL make my mouth water when I think about them.)
3. cinnamon rolls (no extra stuff - i.e. nuts, raisins, gross.)
4. fruit (fresh, sliced and in a bowl... sometimes with chocolate!)
5. snickers minis (in the gold packages, not the regular brown ones. they seriously taste different)

5 things on my to-do list today:
1. pay stack of "you had a baby and it costs 15k, who cares if you have insurance" bills
2. make DLP flyer
3. start downsizing office
4. look at pictures of Becton
5. send pictures of Becton to Michael

5 things i would do if i were a billionaire:
1. Get rid of liquor stores and other crap in low-income areas and build libraries with tutoring classes instead
2. go to brazil and participate in the M.O.R.E. project
3. Pay off all of my mom's bills and buy her the house & car(s) of her dreams
4. Pay off all of me and Michaels' bills and build the house of me and Michael's dreams
5. Put my siblings and my kids and any of my cousins (on me or Mike's side) through school so they don't owe one cent to a lender.

5 jobs that i have had:
1. the one I have now - Coordinator in Student Life Office
2. Case manager at mental health agency
3. summer nanny (from folks who still owe me a check!)
4. mental health 1-on-1 worker
5. graduate assistant in the Marywood University Diversity Office

5 bad habits of mine: **thanks Kim :)**
1. being late
2. not putting things away/cleaning up my room (i have a wonderful husband who does it before I can remember that I didn't.)
3. buying school supplies, bags, and/or books that I don't need
4. staying quiet when i'm upset about something instead of *civily* talking about it - haha
5. procrastinating!

5 places i have lived:
1. San Antonio, Texas (favorite place!)
2. Fayetteville, North Carolina
3. Scranton, Pennsylvania (no, I don't watch the Office)
4. San Francisco, California (best memories!)
5. Ft. Lewis, Washington

5 people to get to know better: (i'm tagging you!)
1. Michael Schultz
2. Sherry McAdams
3. Kimberlee St. Clair
4. Murphy :)
5. Ashley Shawcroft

3 comments:

by Kimberlee St. Clair said...

Haha....so, you missed one, it asks about your 5 bad habits......love ya!

The Shawcrofts said...

Oh my gosh I can't believe you tagged me on your blog! I am compelled to post my reply blog immediately.

Taylor-Rose said...

soooo ummmm those sour red belt gummy thingies from Northgate... yeah friggen amazing.
so ummm if you weren't aware: in 03-04 my mother and I lived in Durham and we were literally a block away from Northgate on Watt and I went to Brogden Middle School like across the field from Northgate, and we could walk to Duke east campus if we wanted and that coffee shop, the mad hatter was our favorite place :] ahhhh good times...