Let's just say the weather fairies have played a horrible practical joke.
Last Monday the high was 88 degrees. Last Tuesday it was 60. And it has shown no signs of pretending to return to any semblance of summer or mildly fall weather at all.
Usually I like the changing seasons in Utah. I like wearing light fall jackets and starting the clothing layering process. However, this abrupt shift in weather has not been kind, nor has it been friendly, and I am none too pleased.
Overnight all of my cute sandals have been relegated to closet storage while I break out my boots and closed toed heels - of which I am actually lacking in a few pairs, so this may be cause for shopping. BOGO shopping at PayLess that is.
In other news, this Friday will be the halfway point of the pregnancy. ALREADY. My tummy is way different with this one than it was with Becton. It's like the top of my belly is growing and the bottom is staying flat - except for when baby rolls into a ball and sticks her butt in the air (is all I can guess) so that I look like i have a small tumor rising from my abdomen.
She rolls around every once in a while, but there's no real aerobic kicking yet, and that can be worrisome for me. So I purchased an at-home doppler which I should be getting in the mail today. Hopefully I will be able to hear her heartbeat and feel more at ease until she's moving around consistently.
I have had 3 dreams that we're having a little boy. So while Michael and I are looking at girl names, I've told him we have to keep some boy names on tap JUST IN CASE. You never know these days.
Speaking of Michael - he is doing well at Ft. Leonardwood. He has his own laptop out there, so maybe he will be updating more often. He also found us a van for $1600 with about 160k miles on it. So long as it brings him home in January, I'm not too worried about it. Maybe we'll talk about buying a new engine once he's here and settled.
In a way, it feels like there's so much to do before baby gets here. I have yet to decide on maternity leave. I only work 2 nights a week so it's not like I will really need a ton of time off. I get 6 weeks for regular birth and 8 weeks for c-section. I need to sit down and figure out my ideal schedule. It makes a huge difference working 10 minutes from home with an AWESOME sitter down the street, compared to 40 minutes from home, with mom & sisters doing the nanny thing 35 minutes away from my work. It feels less stressful this time around. And that's good.
3 comments:
A good sitter is just millions of bucks worth convenience. It's nice that your schedule is so flexible. Glad to know Michael is doing great. So what are the girls names?
Martha
we haven't narrowed them down to anything manageable yet - but when we do, we might put together a poll for folks to vote for their favorite. :)
I'm so glad things are going smoother for you and working so close is great I bet! I am dying to see you guys but sadly my poor car is having some issues so trying not to drive it unles necessary ha ha Becton is going to be a great big brother I bet too! And thats crazy about your dream...but its true..you just never know! love you guys!
Post a Comment