we've officially hit the 30 day mark and are basically at "any-day-now" status with the Princess. Tomorrow is our 36 week appointment with the fun strep B test and round 1 of "let's see what kind of progress you're making" effacement & dilation.
I would love a stunt double for the next 30 days. The more I've thought about my birth experience with Becton and shared it with my current batch of midwife professionals (there's 8 of them in the practice so I never know who I'm going to see. I like just about all of them though) the more I realize that it could have gone differently and much better.
I listened to a lot of advice from other pregnant folks and failed to do as much research as I normally would have. I'm trying to make up for that this time around because I know I'm the kind of person who asks a LOT of questions and wants to know as many details as possible before during and after any major event.
I'm saddened a bit by things that I'm reading now where I feel "wow - if I had known this with Becton ...." but you can't go backwards, only forward. And that's what I'm trying to do. I've hired a doula because in all likelihood, she will probably be the first person who can arrive at the hospital without too much of a problem. Michael works about an hour and a half away from where we live. My mom is about the same distance. With Becton, Michael was unemployed, so he was available on demand. My mom was at work and folks forced her to leave after her shift was halfway over so she could come be with me. She had taken the previous weekend off because she was convinced that that's when I was going to go into labor based on my less-than-competent (I've finally admitted) midwife's assessment.
So now, more planning has to go into baby #2 since I'm not delivering at the same hospital this time - thank goodness. It's too bad, in a sense. most folks that recommended the hospital to me had great experiences there. Mine just wasn't one of them.
Only in that sense (the stress of labor, delivery, & medical competency) am I ready to get the pregnancy over with. Otherwise, I wish she could stay in there until late May. However, that's not an option and somewhere between now and February 26th - we'll have a new little girl in our family to love and snuggle and transition into a new life with. I'm excited for that.
4 comments:
what did you decide about the outfit? I know nothing of child birth lol but the fact that you lived and wanted to do it again means Becton wasn't toooo bad right?
luv u
congratulations! I'm so excited for you all to have a sister soon. One piece of advice, normally I don't share, I know you can plan and imagine and dream about what it is going to be like but pretty much every delivery doesn't go that way that you want it to or expect it to or demand it to, of course there is a lot you can do and ask others to do in order to make it close to what you desire but just try to go into it knowing that you really aren't in control and things will be a little bit better. because when things come up that you weren't expecting it won't be such a shocker, you'll just so okay I can handle this I can do this and you'll power through and have a beautiful gift at the end.
aww congrats! Can't wait for her to get here and I'm sure you guys are so excited especially little Becton on being a big brother! Oh so cute! love you guys hope to see ya soon!
ooo-wee! i'm so excited for baby #2. still weird that you have a legit family and it's growing, but very cool at the same time lol
Post a Comment