Sunday, February 21, 2010

preparations & neuroticism

So I woke up this morning from a dream that Becton was locked out of the house all night. Checked to make sure he was in his crib. He was. And I've been awake since then (5am). So since I was awake, I decided I should read from my pregnancy books about labor and delivery and mark pages for Michael to turn to once we get to the big day.

And then I felt something reminiscent of a crampy nauseous feeling like I needed to use the potty for, um... secondary potty purposes.

Tried to put it off for a bit as I wondered if it was cramps or just "i need to go to the bathroom" pressure. So I laid on my side to see if it would go away. Worked on some relaxation breathing and tension releasing techniques. Crampy/full feeling still there, so I decided to go to the bathroom and see what happened.

Went to the bathroom and did what needed to be done. Back into bed for more relaxation and hopes that it was just a fluke.

Not 5 minutes later, more pressure and bathroom feelings! What the heck?

Off to the potty again and without sharing too much.... it was an outlier occurrence. Meaning that the results were not what would be expected in such a short time frame and are definitely something more than business as usual.

So I admitted to myself... my bowels are starting to clean themselves out. This happened with Becton too... hours before we went into the hospital, I called the mommy/baby ward and asked if I was supposed to be in the potty this frequently. They said yup! it's just nature's way of cleaning your body out before birth.

This led to my second admission to self: Better safe than sorry... put fam, doula & ride on alert. Sent out the respective texts to family & hubby. Left message for doula. Called girlfriend and left message re: potentiality of needing a ride today.

Had potty trip #3 and have to finish this post due to potty trip #4.

Princess did some kickboxing after potty trip #3... leading me to believe she's letting folks know to clear out as she possibly has intentions of arriving within the next 24 hours.

1 comment: