So I wanted to share my answers and Michael's unedited answers. (if you know Michael, his answers shouldn't surprise you)
I was going to accuse him of copying me - but I know my sister doesn't have his email address and I doubt he hacked into my account to copy my answers. So it gave me a chuckle to read his responses and compare them to my own. We've known each other for almost 7 years and been married for 3 of them.
Enjoy!
Question 1: How old were you when you first met?
LaShawn: I was 24
Michael: 30
Question 2: What were the circumstances that caused you to meet?
LaShawn: We met online at ldssingles.com in December 2003. We chatted for a few months and decided that I would fly out to meet him in May 2004 for a long weekend.
Michael: LDS Singles ONline, searching for babes.
Question 3: Where were you, and what were you doing?
LaShawn: I was in graduate school in Pennsylvania.
Michael: I was living and working in Las Cruces, NM. Looking for babes on the east coast.
Question 4: What did you notice or think about each other at first?
LaShawn: Online i noticed his smile and dimples and thought he was really attractive. He was easy to talk to & chat with and pretty funny/humorous. When I actually met him in person, at the El Paso airport, I didn't like how he was wearing his hair, BUT, I loved how he smelled and loved how thoughtful he was when he gave me a cute gift bag with a Lucky Care Bear shirt (bc we'd talked about my Irish heritage) and two cds - Craig David and LLCoolJ.
Michael: Hair, skin color and booty.
Question 5: When and what were your first date?
LaShawn: Hmm... the first date probably was that whole weekend in New Mexico. We ate at KFC on the way back to his house and I took a nap while he finished up a few things at work. I went with him to a meeting for work and we relaxed that evening in the hot tub
Michael: 5 months after we met online, we met in person. Picked her up at airport and she accompanied me to a work meeting and took notes for me.
Question 6: What did you like about him or her?
LaShawn: I liked his hospitality to me as a guest. I also liked that he was comfortable with public affection and made it a point to hold my hand or hug me when we were together.
Michael: Her personality and booty.
Question 7: How long had you known each other before the first kiss?
LaShawn: We'd been chatting online since December, so about 5 months. Between the plane landing when we met that weekend and the first kiss, it was probably about 12 hours. LOL. We kissed in the hot tub - briefly. He didn't want anyone to see us and think we were making out.
Michael: 5 mins for her.
5 months for me.
Question 8: What did your parents think of him or her at first?
LaShawn: My mom really liked that he sent me more than half of the amount of my plane ticket (he included money to cover parking) before I left. We agreed that we'd pay half of my plane ticket so that we both had an equal investment in meeting. He'd also sent me a pretty Southwestern styled necklace and earrings, that I wore on the day I flew to meet him.
Michael: My mom and dad loved her. My mom said she had a nice figure.
Question 9: What did you have in common before you got married?
LaShawn: We shared the same religious beliefs and an eclectic taste in music. We both enjoyed the outdoors (him more than me) and we both wanted a serious relationship that was more than just dating to have fun. We both wanted kids and to raise them up in our religious faith.
Michael: We were both political thinkers and active in the LDS chuirch.
Question 10: How were you different?
LaShawn: We had different beliefs about society and politics. That was probably the biggest division if it came up in discussion. He's a lot more politically & socially conservative and outspoken about it. He's passionate about it in the same way that I'm more politically & socially open (conservative on some things, progressive on others). We're both pretty outspoken about our beliefs and believe that we're right. So in that way we're similar - but our beliefs are very different. We were also different in racial/ethnic background and life experiences - but that didn't seem to be as big of an issue for us.
Michael: Differing political views. I loved the outdoors and she's more of an inside the house type of person.
Question 11: What songs, places, or movies remind you of when you were first in love?
LaShawn: Songs: Craig David - Fill me in (remix),
LaShawn: I was 24
Michael: 30
Question 2: What were the circumstances that caused you to meet?
LaShawn: We met online at ldssingles.com in December 2003. We chatted for a few months and decided that I would fly out to meet him in May 2004 for a long weekend.
Michael: LDS Singles ONline, searching for babes.
Question 3: Where were you, and what were you doing?
LaShawn: I was in graduate school in Pennsylvania.
Michael: I was living and working in Las Cruces, NM. Looking for babes on the east coast.
Question 4: What did you notice or think about each other at first?
LaShawn: Online i noticed his smile and dimples and thought he was really attractive. He was easy to talk to & chat with and pretty funny/humorous. When I actually met him in person, at the El Paso airport, I didn't like how he was wearing his hair, BUT, I loved how he smelled and loved how thoughtful he was when he gave me a cute gift bag with a Lucky Care Bear shirt (bc we'd talked about my Irish heritage) and two cds - Craig David and LLCoolJ.
Michael: Hair, skin color and booty.
Question 5: When and what were your first date?
LaShawn: Hmm... the first date probably was that whole weekend in New Mexico. We ate at KFC on the way back to his house and I took a nap while he finished up a few things at work. I went with him to a meeting for work and we relaxed that evening in the hot tub
Michael: 5 months after we met online, we met in person. Picked her up at airport and she accompanied me to a work meeting and took notes for me.
Question 6: What did you like about him or her?
LaShawn: I liked his hospitality to me as a guest. I also liked that he was comfortable with public affection and made it a point to hold my hand or hug me when we were together.
Michael: Her personality and booty.
Question 7: How long had you known each other before the first kiss?
LaShawn: We'd been chatting online since December, so about 5 months. Between the plane landing when we met that weekend and the first kiss, it was probably about 12 hours. LOL. We kissed in the hot tub - briefly. He didn't want anyone to see us and think we were making out.
Michael: 5 mins for her.
5 months for me.
Question 8: What did your parents think of him or her at first?
LaShawn: My mom really liked that he sent me more than half of the amount of my plane ticket (he included money to cover parking) before I left. We agreed that we'd pay half of my plane ticket so that we both had an equal investment in meeting. He'd also sent me a pretty Southwestern styled necklace and earrings, that I wore on the day I flew to meet him.
Michael: My mom and dad loved her. My mom said she had a nice figure.
Question 9: What did you have in common before you got married?
LaShawn: We shared the same religious beliefs and an eclectic taste in music. We both enjoyed the outdoors (him more than me) and we both wanted a serious relationship that was more than just dating to have fun. We both wanted kids and to raise them up in our religious faith.
Michael: We were both political thinkers and active in the LDS chuirch.
Question 10: How were you different?
LaShawn: We had different beliefs about society and politics. That was probably the biggest division if it came up in discussion. He's a lot more politically & socially conservative and outspoken about it. He's passionate about it in the same way that I'm more politically & socially open (conservative on some things, progressive on others). We're both pretty outspoken about our beliefs and believe that we're right. So in that way we're similar - but our beliefs are very different. We were also different in racial/ethnic background and life experiences - but that didn't seem to be as big of an issue for us.
Michael: Differing political views. I loved the outdoors and she's more of an inside the house type of person.
Question 11: What songs, places, or movies remind you of when you were first in love?
LaShawn: Songs: Craig David - Fill me in (remix),
Places: Las Cruces, Salt Lake City, Washington D.C.
Michael: Craig David. Camping. Bug bites on booty. HOT TUB!!
3 comments:
HAHAHA i loved this!
i thought it was pretty funny, myself.
LaShawn
HAHAHA Sounds just like Mike of course!
Post a Comment