So... 2yo loves to sing and he either thinks it's fun or knows that it's clever to try and sing whatever it is that he wants because Mommy should likely be so happy that he's singing and think it's cute that I won't say "no."
*in surround sound* "C IS FOR COOKIE, THAT'S GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME OHHHHHH COOKIE COOKIE COOKIE STARTS WITH C!!!!"
so I gave him some Teddy Grahams.
"C is for.... PIZZA!!! THAT'S GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME OHHHHH PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA starts with.... CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC."
This is the same strategy he was using last week with the word "delissus" (see: delicious).
*at the doctor's office - 2yo spies the lollipops in the bucket by the nurse's station (which he said "gonna get lollipops?" as he saw us pull into the parking lot)*
2yo - "Mommy! Lollipops are deLISSUS?!?!?"
Mommy - "Yes. Lollipops are delicous, honey, but you aren't getting one."
I just have to emphasize how much i LOVE living in toddler land. I didn't think life could be any more frequently funny and rewarding and heartwarming since marrying my own funnyman. To think that things can and do only get better and even more funny and rewarding and heartwarming creating kids with this man is just more than I could have asked for.
I wake up in the mornings sometimes with both kids in bed with us and just love the sight when I look over and see them climbing all over their daddy - who fully encourages it with tickles and kisses and belly raspberries. I smile to myself and say "this is exactly what I want my life to look like."
1 comment:
You're a lucky woman, LaShawn! And an appreciative one. :) I like that. And I like you!
Post a Comment