Wednesday, February 9, 2011

so, we're living between two households

The good news: Michael got a job!
The not-as-good news: it's 90 minutes from where we live
The adjustment news: we're going to try out living at my mom's house during the week and our house on the weekends.

During the week that means that we found an awesome sitter for 3 days a week who watches the kids for 5 hours. That means I get at least 2 hours of work time at my office [edit - i usually get/take more than that because Michael gets done with work not long after she leaves.] each day she's with us. It takes an hour to get to my office from my mom's house and I can never really just LEAVE when she gets there. I like to chat with her a bit and get her caught up on any changes in the lives of the kids.

On the nights that I teach until 10:30pm, I stay the night at our house and go back down to my mom's on Thursday, hang out with the kids until Friday when Michael is off and then we all go home. In theory. Not so much, in practice.

Grocery shopping has been a nightmare (even though I saved $71 on my last grocery bill and only paid $61 total - yay coupons!) and I've lost like 2 weeks of coupon shopping because I can't figure out how to stay in one place long enough to get my head on straight. Oh, those doublers that I soooo wanted to use. big sigh. maybe next time.

But then, there are these fabulous moments where Michael steps up and blinds me with his assistance in my domestic manager duties. they are so blog worthy.

Enjoy our text & email conversation/update.

mike: i'm grocery shopping for the house over here [my mom's house], cuz we need stuff.

me: okay, well let me know what you get so that I don't duplicate it.

*mike emails me* I bought a few things today: oatmeal instant, saltine crackers, jam and peanut butter, corn chips, bread, french fries, So don't buy any of those things.

...Got it.


I took this as a sign that I need to get to my mom's house ASAPly.
Just as soon as I catch my breath from laughing.

I love this man.

No comments: