Friday, March 18, 2011

adventures in toddler land

setting: nap time
~3yo: not napping

I put ~3yo in his crib for a nap and ran downstairs to get the cord for his dvd player so he could listen to Silly Songs.

I come upstairs to find him sitting in the glider chair by his bed "reading" a book.

I ask "um, what are you doing?"
He says, "I'm supposed to be night night in my crib. But i'm reading a story in the chair."

I asked him to get back into his crib, as I hid behind the door to crack up with laughter.

____________________________________________________________

I used to say that 6 months to 18 months was my favorite period of development. Clearly I forgot how awesome 2 and 3 year olds are. My little boy will be 3 on Wednesday. It feels like a huge milestone! We'll be ready for pre-school in the fall! and then before you know it, the first day of Kindergarten will be here!

1 comment:

Linda said...

Yes, time certainly flies on wings of lightning. Remember - my 'little boy' will be 21 in December :(