Got them to sit still long enough for a picture.
Today is school picture day at the kids' daycare. I was going to dress them more casually, and then changed their clothes after the suggestion of their father. I do like them better in these outfits, until I saw how they would be taking pictures - which was basically without any real regard for what they were wearing in the first place.
They were painfully posed. 3.5 next to a little car and a fake gas station, holding the gas dispenser in one hand, by his tie, and the "window" of the car with the other hand. Way too many instructions for a 3 year old. He could barely remember to smile with all of the other stuff going on in his head. I don't know why they didn't just have the kids sit in the car and take the picture.
1.5 was supposed to go first but, of course, had an attack of the heebeejeebees and didn't want to do anything. Then, after big brother went, she was a professional and also took her pictures. Minus binky and minus blanky. Yet, she still managed to stick her tongue out on one picture and smiled for the second while she was trying to dismout from the car she was sitting on because she wanted to play with the chicken that the photographer had excited her with.
However, when we all spoke up to ask her to sit down and not run for the chicken, that was the official moment for her to meltdown and be done picture taking.
I'd say they both made a good effort. We will see what the final versions look like.

No comments:
Post a Comment