Sunday, September 13, 2015

School Time...

*5yo having "school" with 2yo**
--
5yo: So... do you wanna come help me teach?

2yo: Yesh. I teach.

(5yo picks up and removes her from cooking lunch in her Dora kitchen. 2yo didn't have enough ingredients and was beginning to melt down, Top Chef style.)

5yo: Okay, so... (to her invisible classroom), today we're gonna learn about letters. Do you know what letters are?

(looks around with an inquisitive approving look at her invisible audience)

2yo: YEH-YERRRSS! I like yeh-yerrs!!!

(I'm thinking to myself, well, maybe I was too quick to think weirdly of 5yo's teacher. she doesn't sound half bad.)

5yo: THIS is a letter. Like this. Now, we're not gonna write any crazy maniac letters, okay? You see what she's doing? THAT'S not a letter.

(she begins erasing furiously on her white board. i begin thinking maybe it's a good thing I'm going to visit the classroom tomorrow.)

No comments: