Tuesday, July 15, 2008

almost 4 months old... already.

becton continues to grow and change and get smarter (and cuter) every day. here is our latest picture.
we went shopping yesterday for no apparent reason aside from just getting out and about, and we saw these sunglasses a the children's place for 1.99... who can pass that deal up? We also bought him a nice church outfit. Michael is as picky with Becton's clothes as he is with his own. He has such an eye for patterns and stuff, it's interesting to me. I think everything is cute and purchase worthy. He thinks certain patterns are difficult on the eyes and we should go with another color instead.

becton, of course, could care less. He almost fits into 6 month old clothes... he's not there completely though, so i'm safe for another month, maybe. He's got a bunch of cute 3-6 month old clothes that I want to get some wear out of before he gets too big!

In other news... i've started my new job as full-time faculty and that has been wonderful. i learned that we only get paid once a month. So that will be interesting. Michael and I combined our bank accounts over the last few months, so we're doing the "monitor and observe spending habits" thing. So far, i have to say, we've done pretty well... a few surprises here and there, but nothing we can't handle.

Michael started the Cake Walk, oh, I mean Police Academy on July 7th. It's going really well. A cake walk compared to the military trainings he's been subjected to for the past 2 years. He also got to live at the academy! This is good as it saves on gas for us. One less expense to worry about until October once he's done. While he's there, I spend a lot of time at my mom's house and go to see him at night when he's done around 6p. He has to be back by 10p, so it's long enough to see a movie or go shopping at the mall, and that's about it.

Currently i'm home. i left lehi this morning... later than i wanted... for a meeting in Tooele for my job. I broke all sorts of laws to get to Tooele by 9am when the meeting started, and I stopped to get gas, which made me about 15 minutes late. I'd called around 8 to let folks know I was going to be late. So I run into the building, shut off my phone as I'm walkign into the meeting room and my boss-type-person says "oh.. LaShawn... the meeting's been cancelled."

Enter a number of expletives that I was trying NOT to say during my drive down because I didn't want to wish bad luck on myself... they were permissible now. So I go and fill out my travel authorization form to get reimbursed for the gas I just used, and headed home.

I had realized on my drive in that I don't have a house key because my sister has it. So I was hoping that we had a spare hidden around the house somewhere. We didn't. So after trying to break into the patio door, I decided to look at a few of the windows on the lower level - i knew at least 1 was open on the top level, but I couldn't get up there. So luckily one of the windows was open and I successfully broke into my house and have been here for the last hour and a half, doing laundry. I'm going to dust, make some food and then go to walmart to make more copies of my house key. One will go in the car. One will go in my purse. one will be hidden somewhere near the house... and that's about all I can think of for now.

days like these remind me that my life is an adventure.

1 comment:

by Kimberlee St. Clair said...

I am so glad everything is going so well! Your life seems grand! I would love to see you when things are, less hecktic?!?!? Like that will happen.....ha ha.