Tuesday, September 9, 2008

life happens.

yeah, so life comes at you fast.

i haven't had much time to sit down and blog, as I've been a little swamped with class prep. i teach 2 masters-level classes for a local university and have spent most of my time making sure that i've got things ready to go ahead of schedule.

there's a learning curve involved with a lot of the features in the online program that we use, and teaching 4 sections of the same course without them all being linked together in the system made it a bit difficult. Reason being is that i probably put way too much information up at a time, so when people see it, they get overwhelmed and then bring that energy to class.

So i'm ironing out some of the bumps here and there, and hopefully it will be fixed in the next few weeks.

The baby is amazing. here's one of his most recent pictures... at 5 months with the fun discovery of his tongue.

In addition to a sweetie pie for a husband, this little boy is the light of my life. Michael and I just fall all over ourselves enjoying this little one. We can talk about him out of nowhere. We love how interactive and social he is now. And we love to snuggle on him at any given opportunity. His giggles and squeals and laughs are the sweetest sounds. His smirks and smiles and raspberries and froggy-tongue are the cutest things ever and I have easily taken videos that are exciting to no one but me of him sleeping, or talking in his sleep, or talking to himself mid-rollover.

He's started eating rice cereal in this last week about once a day and he likes it. So now we get to do food airplanes and choo-choo trains with him in the near future. I'm certain that he's spoiled by us... and I don't think we've damaged any of his milestones by spoiling him. I don't think he rolls from back to front yet... we never leave him on the ground long enough to try I guess. He likes to sit up and play either in his swing or in his deluxe office area (aka activity center.) so he doesn't get a lot of "on the ground" play time.

He's already had his first tumble off of the bed. Dumb me nodded off on the inside of the bed instead of the outside, and mr. explorer takes off on one of his scooting excursion and down he went. Thank heavens he wasn't hurt... mostly shocked by the fall I think. He's such a curious child, I guess it was to be expected. As previously mentioned he's a master scooter. He used to only scoot in circles in his crib... now he has forward and sideways movement to his scooting. He's a little man on a mission - watch out!

Michael is almost done with the police academy and he amazes me at every turn. For someone to be such a natural at so many physically challenging things is truly awesome to me. Mike is in his 30s and he's smokin the kids in their 20s when it comes to all of the various PT exercises they have to do. And it's not like he works out or trains consistently for any of this stuff. Michael Phelps? pssshhht. Michael Schultz is more like it.

i'm sure he'll be happy when he can have a normal life that doesn't involve months of physical training at a time. He'll be done with Police Academy towards the end of October and then leaves early February for military training.... through June! So baby and I will be trying to go visit daddy once a month so that it's not too bad. And now with troop withdrawals supposedly happening in the near future, I wonder if that will make a deployment earlier for Michael or later? Time will tell.

I'll update again later... I've got assignments to grade from my students.

2 comments:

by Kimberlee St. Clair said...

Such a cute baby! I love this age...the age of discovery! Just wait......

And keep us updated!

The Shawcrofts said...

Lashawn! February is just when Joe is getting back and Michael is leaving! We'll take care of you. I'll take you to lunch and babysit for you if you ever need it.