Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Start 'em Early!


So... this is Becton in his first motorcycle helmet that we picked up at Grandpa Schultz (Mike's Dad) in Idaho over the weekend. What a fun road trip we had. It was Becton's first REAL roadtrip (going with me and my mom to grad school in Nebraska doesn't count - that was more like torture).

I am learning that Becton has a certain tolerance level for being in his car seat and that level is approximately 4 hours without a break. Now, when we were driving to Nebraska and he had me or one of my sisters in the back, he could go for 10 -12 hours without crying on end. Now it's 4 hours. We'll see how he does next month when we have to drive 14 hours to go to New Mexico and visit Mike's mom.

Becton is now 6 months old and eats rice cereal 1-2 times per day. we've also introduced carrots to his repertoire and so far, he eats is in his rice cereal. We aren't at the "solid foods only" stage yet. We've also purchased a halloween costume for him. He will be either a frog or the incredible hulk (once we find some purple shorts and baby friendly green paint). For now, he is a frog. He has an activity center that he thoroughly enjoys and treats as his own officespace for daily lectures to the kitties at our house. It's also a walker - so it was a great deal for $45.

Classes are in full swing and my students are, as usual, feeling overwhelmed. I'm working on scaling back so that I don't have people dropping the course for fear of incapacitating stress levels!

Michael is on the downswing of Police Academy and will be a police academy graduate this time next month! He's an undercover superhero, i'm convinced. I've never met someone who isn't a pro at stuff, and still excels at it.

Example, we went bowling a few weeks ago for our date night. We try to do one a week, they are pretty fun... and we take Becton with us because we're still too attached to him to think of date night without him... so it's really "family night" - but anyway - we're bowling and figuring best out of 2 games buys dessert. Well game 1, I won. Had a few strikes here and there... i was feeling good, Becton was my cheerleader. Well, Game 2, Michael apparently channeled some Greek God of Bowling because he obliterated me and I was none too pleased about it!

Pick a sport and challenge Michael to it... i bet you he'll either beat you or do much better than you'd expect an amateur to do! it's like being married to bionic man. Kinda cool though.

In other news, my younger brother will be home from his mission in 11 months, and he just keeps getting better and more spiritual by the day. I'm sure it will exude from him once he comes home and I'll be struck down by the sheer power of his testimony.

And back to Becton... he BABBLES like a champ. And he laughs and squeals and smiles and grunts and makes raspberries, did I put this picture up?


Yeah... this kid is absolutely adorable. Too much for words and I truly cannot get enough of him. He's found his feet as of the last few weeks and as of this week, he's even started reaching! It'll be time to have another one soon! 6 more months before we're "allowed" to get pregnant. We'll see if we make it that long. I've lost all my baby weight, and probably a bit more. I feel, again, like a waif. So I'll be happy to get pregnant again and gain some more weight.

That's all from the Schultz household... Becton signs off with his daily "a da da da daaaaa" lecture to the kitties.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Healthy kids..! Excited to see Becton's Halloween costume. Please share.

by Kimberlee St. Clair said...

I love the update. So fun to hear all about your family! And Becton is absolutely adorable! I'd love to see you all in "real life".....