
Just a quick note here. I don't get on and have as much free time as I wish I had, what with my Army, police training, a new baby boy, occasional motorcycle adventures and what not. Plus my wife has officially commandeered the computer room. Haha. You should see it, ok maybe not! She'll probably give me the evil eye for writing this. I guess it's her room anyways. When we moved into our townhome we decided that she could have the third room for her office and I could have the whole one car garage for my motorcycle collection. By the way the collection is down to 4 bikes since I took two up to my dad's in Idaho and sold two others. I'm still trying to sell one of them. A nice Daytona Triumph Sportbike.
Anyhow, I'm very tired right now. I think I've been sick. One of those things where your body just has had enough and comes down with something because it's been pushed too hard. Don't feel too bad for me. I get 3 day weekends because I work 4-ten hour days each week. As you know I'm still in the midst of some often times difficult police academy training. I have four weeks left before I graduate and become peace officer certified in the state of Utah. Yes it's part of the requirements for my great job as a state law enforcement ranger. So maybe it doesn't pay that well but the fringe benefits can't be beat: 4-wheeler and dirtbike patrols, not to mention snowmobile patrols in the winter and boat patrols on the Great Salt Lake. Good stuff, eh? I'm based at Antelope Island which makes my round trip commute 147 stinking miles. So far this year I've been using a motorcycle, something I love to do. But it's starting to cool down so I'm in the lookout for a car. If you thought your gas expenses were bad. How about 147 miles a day, plus a wifey who drives our 18 mpg (freeway) Chevy Avalanche V8 like it's a Geo Metro. Haha, I love you anyways. I think our gas expenditure is more than our mortgage each month.
We have a lovely 6 month old little chubby, white skinned, blue eyed boy named Becton Moroni. I now know what happiness is since he and my wife became part of me. My heart swells with love and adoration for him when he coo's and laughs while looking at me. He's getting so active and so big. He's 20 lbs even and 28 inches long!!. He's at the 90% mark for kids at 6 months. He looooves to eat carrots now and he nurses like milk is going out of style. I think he might even be chubbier than I was when I was a little kid. My mom says he looks like a mini me. My wife having being partially black and me being half mexican you'd think he'd come out with a little a few more ethnic markers. Nope, the only thing he has that might say he has some non white in him is his dark hair, which sometimes gets a little fuzzy and kinky curl when it gets wet or matted down. Little chubbster. My favorite nickname for him is boogabear and tinkypatinky.
I tell you he's already on his way to being daredevil. He's going to be just like daddy. He already has a baby motorcycle helmet given to me by my dad. Plus he's fallen off our non support california king bed and out of one of those electric swingy chair thingies. I guess it could be worse right? When I was little I fell down from the second story flight of hard tile stairs in my walker at a student housing complext in Oklahoma when I was about a year old. My older brother Bo says he pushed me. Luckily I don't remember it
Well that's all for now. Next time I'll have to tell you about hand to hand brawling as part of police academy training.
No comments:
Post a Comment