i've sat down 2 or 3 different times to do updates.
they're all drafts.
One was too cynical for the holidays.
The other was too long for an update.
they're all drafts.
One was too cynical for the holidays.
The other was too long for an update.
So, when words fail, there are always pictures.
Here's Becton on Christmas even & on his Christmas present.
With his aunties, Niecie (left) and Morgan "Auntie MOE" (R)

Yes, this is a motorcycle. Daddy & Santa got this for Becton.
For his first Christmas, it was pretty cool.
He was sick with the tummy bug the weekend before Christmas.
So was Mike.
i know i've said this before -
Anyone who knows me, knows I don't cope well with vomit.
Baby vomit comes without warning and is generally projectile in nature.
5 Becton projectile episodes & 12 hours later - I'm still not 100% solid in coping skills with vomit.
I'm just thankful that Mike wasn't having 'up they come' issues too!
Becton was in the sharing spirit and shared his tummy bug with both sets of family.
My mom & sister were sick for a day or so.
Michael's mom, brother, niece were sick for a few days - including Christmas.
Once everyone healed, we had a GREAT time as family - cooking and laughing and watching movies and listening to Becton's growing language skills and his delight to listen to the Mexican side of our family speak and laugh with him in Spanish.
I really want him to be bilingual.
Here's Becton having fun with the Morales side of the family
Becton and Taylee (cousin - Michael's brother's (Sam) daughter)
Becton and Abuela Maria (Michael's mom)
Becton at Uncle Eli's house choosing tv channels :)
We had a fun time with the family. My mom and sisters came over often and got a chance to bond with everyone and get some experience helping with tamales - part of a Mexican tradition that I think Grandma Rita was very happy to share with us.
It was such a nice time.
My sister in law also came up to visit. I didn't get any pictures of her though.
We're 3 days apart in our birthdays and we'll both be 30 this year.
I keep thinking we should do a birthday party together one of these days.
Maybe this summer will be it.
So that was December.
And then the New Year.
Becton's first New Year!
I have decided that Michael and I are old.
We could barely stay awake to welcome in the New Year.
Becton however,
He was wide awake and ready to party.

This is him at my mom's house. I forget why they were watching him - oh right... it was the weekend we went to get a(nother) bike for Michael. So they sent us pics while we were gone.
This is Becton's "wow! cool!" face as he was reaching to pet the kitty.
We lost 2 of our 3 kitties over the holidays.
Michael has never been a fan of all 3 cats and made this executive decision
(that I utilized my "violence is not the answer" skills to cope with)
to give two of our cats to my mom and sisters since the other two kitties we had died.
So now it's just Lucky and Becton.
Queen & King of the castle.
Lucky meows at Becton and he "meows" (see: screams) back.
It's precious.
And when Becton's not meowing at or chasing the kitty, this is his other hobby.
Giving Becton kisses.
Our very own little narcissist.
Will post more pictures from the holidays later.
There's also the new year to blog about.
Another day.
For his first Christmas, it was pretty cool.
He was sick with the tummy bug the weekend before Christmas.
So was Mike.
i know i've said this before -
Anyone who knows me, knows I don't cope well with vomit.
Baby vomit comes without warning and is generally projectile in nature.
5 Becton projectile episodes & 12 hours later - I'm still not 100% solid in coping skills with vomit.
I'm just thankful that Mike wasn't having 'up they come' issues too!
Becton was in the sharing spirit and shared his tummy bug with both sets of family.
My mom & sister were sick for a day or so.
Michael's mom, brother, niece were sick for a few days - including Christmas.
Once everyone healed, we had a GREAT time as family - cooking and laughing and watching movies and listening to Becton's growing language skills and his delight to listen to the Mexican side of our family speak and laugh with him in Spanish.
I really want him to be bilingual.
Here's Becton having fun with the Morales side of the family
Becton and Taylee (cousin - Michael's brother's (Sam) daughter)
Becton and Abuela Maria (Michael's mom)
Becton at Uncle Eli's house choosing tv channels :)We had a fun time with the family. My mom and sisters came over often and got a chance to bond with everyone and get some experience helping with tamales - part of a Mexican tradition that I think Grandma Rita was very happy to share with us.
It was such a nice time.
My sister in law also came up to visit. I didn't get any pictures of her though.
We're 3 days apart in our birthdays and we'll both be 30 this year.
I keep thinking we should do a birthday party together one of these days.
Maybe this summer will be it.
So that was December.
And then the New Year.
Becton's first New Year!
I have decided that Michael and I are old.
We could barely stay awake to welcome in the New Year.
Becton however,
He was wide awake and ready to party.
This is him at my mom's house. I forget why they were watching him - oh right... it was the weekend we went to get a(nother) bike for Michael. So they sent us pics while we were gone.
This is Becton's "wow! cool!" face as he was reaching to pet the kitty.We lost 2 of our 3 kitties over the holidays.
Michael has never been a fan of all 3 cats and made this executive decision
(that I utilized my "violence is not the answer" skills to cope with)
to give two of our cats to my mom and sisters since the other two kitties we had died.
So now it's just Lucky and Becton.
Queen & King of the castle.
Lucky meows at Becton and he "meows" (see: screams) back.
It's precious.
And when Becton's not meowing at or chasing the kitty, this is his other hobby.
Giving Becton kisses.Our very own little narcissist.
Will post more pictures from the holidays later.
There's also the new year to blog about.
Another day.
2 comments:
Too cute, I love all the pictures. I really like the new blog background as well. Don't get discouraged - YOU CAN DO IT! You're a mom, it is our mantra!
he's such a cute lil' monkey! I miss your face!
Post a Comment