Thursday, July 25, 2013

Insights from Time out

Currently in timeout because I got mad at Nobi mistakenly. So I told her I was going to go put myself in timeout and I asked her how many minutes I should be in time out. 

She refused to let me go at first and then, through tears and sniffles, tells me she wants to do the "beep beeps" (the timer). I said ok. So we are at the timer and I ask her how many minutes I should be in timeout, she looks at me, smirking, and says "30 minutes" (at 1 minute per year of age, she's not far off!).

I asked if we could compromise for three 10-minute sets. She said okay.
As my timeout begins, she comes into the room to join me and says,

"you need a makeup bag."

"Makeup? No. I can't do makeup while I'm in timeout."

"Yes you can. I do makeup all the time when I'm in time out."

That explains sooooo much.

I think I hear the beep beeps.

No comments: