I know it's more for his own comfort than for nourishment, but when i looked at him today and saw him talking to the baby einstein video and playing with his feet, i honestly thought - "he doesn't need me anymore!"
Sad, but true. I thought about ME for that quick moment. And I caved and let him nurse. It's not that he hasn't wanted to... I've just successfully distracted him from nursing. But today, I caved. I think it may be wise to keep him nursing until we make this flight at the end of the month to drop Michael off at training... just in case he gets anxious on the plane. We'll see.
In other news... I completely forgot, until today, about my trusty Chinese lunar year baby predictor calendar thing! You go and enter your birthday and conception day (as close as you think it is, at least) and it tells you what you're having based on years and years of awesome Chinese brilliance and statistical/astrological aptitude.
So I went and checked it out today after seeing a prego friend post some kind of predictor thing on her Facebook profile, and the results??
I should say here that I already have a little boy's name picked out/narrowed down to what I want and what Michael will accept, for the most part. For a girl, i have no idea. But I'm still looking at names to find the one that sticks out. Oh wait... i have found 1 or 2 girl names, now that I think about it.
But the Chinese Lunar calendar predictor thing said the following -
Woman's Birth Year: 1979 Month: 6 Day: 26 Time Zone: MST
Conception Year: 2009 Month: 6 Day: 8 Time Zone: MST
It's a girl! (Chinese Age 31 at Lunar month 5)
Soooo..... we're due for baby-gender ultrasound during the week of October 5th (going into week 20) or October 12th (going into week 21) - and will check the results against the Chinese calendar at that time.I wonder if we have a little girl though... will that be it for us? We say we want at least 3 kids... no more than 5. So i'm thinking we'll end up with 4. Regardless, i've told Michael I'd like to be done having babies at 35. So we'll see where we're at by then.
2 comments:
Why is it important to wean him off the milk now? Is it because of the baby? I'd say, keep feeding him because it's cheaper, right? (smile)
well, i'm learning that there is this small element of freedom and mobility that comes with weaning. Plus, it's tiring to have nutrients get sucked out of your body from 2 sources. Particularly with how much I hate eating right about now.
And it's surely not that much cheaper... homeboy can EAT like nobody's business. And he loves his sippy cup too. So he will be fed one way or the other ;)
Post a Comment