Tuesday, July 28, 2009

i miss food.

Dear Italian, Mexican & Japanese food - I miss you. it's been a while since we've been able to enjoy each other's company comfortably....if at all.

It's sad to me.

The idea of seeing some of you utterly repulses me at the moment (salsa, pico de gallo, guacamole).
Others of you were my saving grace when I was preg with Becton (ravioli) - but now? No dice.
And Japanese food - I've just added you in here because I think I want to eat some teriyaki chicken, but I don't know where I'll get it from along with the lo mein noodles that belong on the plate.

this pregnancy has been such a difference from my first pregnancy. I can't say it's enough to make me not want to be pregnant after this one - but I will say I'm glad i'll get about a year or two break between baby #2 and baby #3 (if I'm lucky).

I do miss food, however. I miss eating healthy double-portions of spaghetti and meatballs with garlic bread and going back for seconds. Not for one day do I miss vegetables... give me starches and carbs everyday... mix the veggies into my spaghetti sauce if you must. I miss lasagne. I miss maccaroni. I try to eat shells & cheese - but it's just not the same.

I miss soul food. The idea of anything greasy makes me queasy. Fried chicken... ribs..... roast beef....mashed potatoes.... collard greens... yams.... when will i be able to eat food again and enjoy it?

I miss eating fresh salsa or pico de gallo. I miss eating guacamole with or without chips. I miss making guacamole. I miss hard shell tacos. I miss flautas. I miss quesadillas.

I really miss food.

Nothing tastes good anymore. Nothing sounds appetizing. Eating is a chore that I do because I know I have to. I don't enjoy eating.... and I don't like that at all. Gone are my reckless days of eating large helpings or eating before going over to family's homes where they've cooked food too - knowing I'd have no problem eating again in an hour or two.

*sigh* I'm not sure why this pregnancy wants to teach me discipline.... or food torture or what... but I am very hopeful that after the first trimester, I can begin enjoying food again.

Soon to come - a post about our upcoming excursion and family life changes.

2 comments:

Damond Nollan said...

Poor baby. I totally feel for you. I do hope it gets better soon.

Anonymous said...

I can't say that I know what this is like... at all. Except when I'm on a diet, but then I still enjoy eating and tasting.