so... baby schultz 2010 is deciding to make his/her presence known earlier this time around. Or maybe i had this with becton and didn't realize it.... however, this child is apparently getting an early start on telling me what I can and cannot eat and still remain comfortable.
First on the list? Meat.
It all started with me being hungry late one night and wanting to eat something quick... like soup. So I got this "zesty chicken gumbo" low sodium soup from progresso. I added some sausage to it for good measure and it smelled sooooo good.
And after the first bite of meat, now that I'm familiar with this feeling, I felt like I'd swallowed a tablespoon of grease/oil. I didn't finish the soup. I tried, though. When I woke up. I still felt gross, so I ate pancakes and whip cream... and said a special prayer that they would stay in my tummy and help digest the zesty soup from last night.
Pancakes went over well.
As did the peanut butter and jelly sandwhich.
So I thought I was cured and tried to have pizza with meat on it a little later that day.
No dice.
my only remedy for feeling gross is to lay down and try to sleep. And after my 2 hour nap, i didn't eat again for 5 hours. Again, thinking I was cured, I tried to have some khalua pork at my mom's house, disguised with mashed potatoes. And here I sit, again, feeling nasty... hoping that something else I can eat will make this feeling go away and not let me get sick.
With Becton, i could eat whatever I wanted. I vaguely remembered needing to find a magic food to eat so that I didn't feel nausea as much. Many times, that was Ravioli. This is different. So far, it's specifically related to me eating meat and I am none too pleased. Especially so because this is 4th of July weekend and I will not be able to eat ANY of the wonderful grilled foods due to this wanna-be vegetarian in my tummy.
Being this picky, you'd think I was having a girl... a little girl who is picky like I was when I was little (and still am to some extent). But I'm not setting my sights on a girl or boy just yet. I'll have to wait until week 20 when we do our ultrasound to see who our little visitor is going to be.
I'd be lying to say I hadn't looked at little girl names or didn't already have a little boy's name picked out. One step at a time, though.... after I can eat meat again.
5 comments:
I had that exact thing with this pregnancy. And, I have no idea what we are having, so I can't help there. But, I have found that after the first 12-13 weeks, I am now able to eat most anything, once again. Hopefully, things will go over well sooner rather than later.
I'm not trying to speak anything into existence, but the second one seems to be much more challenging than the first. Both in and out the womb.
Good luck!
congratulations! I didn't know you were expecting again. 'They' say the differences can attribute to the baby being a different sex but it wasn't true for me. Get feeling better and good luck at the ultrasound!!
Just read your post and told my co-worker that you can't eat certain things. SHe thinks you're having a girl! We shall see! Either that or the kid is going to be vegetarian! haha
good luck with that, all I did was crave meat, specifically hamburgers something that I never eat. especially fast food, funny how our bodies change.
okay I actually just fixed the playlist, it needed help. the last one I made quick and didn't realize some of the songs didn't work. this one is new and improved.
Post a Comment