The Student Leadership group at my campus held a Halloween party last night for students, staff, faculty and administration. I attended with my little ones and my sister. It was a blast. I don't have pictures because the lighting was poor, though I'm sure some will be posted by folks who did take pictures.
Both 3yo and 1.5yo had a great time. There was a Wii with Just Dance 2 and Just Dance Kids, as well as Mario Brothers. 3yo was glued to the ongoing dancing opportunities. 1.5yo was really excited to have her own Wii remote (finally) after months of disenfranchisement at our own house. She especially liked it when she did a quick okeydoke on unsuspecting players and got the Player #1 remote where she could then wreak all sorts of havoc while people were dancing.
There was karaoke. I couldn't resist. My sister and I sang Dancing Queen by Abba. I helped one of my students end the night with Bon Jovi's Living on a Prayer (you can never go wrong with that song). During the night, 3yo was quite intrigued by mommy singing, as he and 1.5 were the backup dancers. This was one of our conversations:
After watching me and my sister sing a karaoke song (Abba - Dancing
Queen, woot!)
3yo says to me, in all seriousness and very emphatic:
"Mommy. I need to be in the show. I need to sing."
Later, 3yo: "Mommy. I need to sing with the yellow microphone."
Me: "What do you want to sing, baby?"
3yo: "I want to sing 'Hey Ya' and do the dance."
I have promised to make it up to him today, along with having pizza since he only got one slice last night. It was such a fun time. I think he is going through a growth spurt, he wants to eat food alot and asks for 2nd and 3rd helpings. My growing little boy.
1.5yo also had a great time last night. I especially loved the moments that she would sit in my lap and "sing along" with me when other people were singing Karaoke songs. Such a priceless little sweet face laughing and smiling and making noise with me.
My little Tinkerbinky fairy and Becton Lightyear cannot wait for the next Halloween party. We pulled into the driveway and 3yo says "Mommy. That was a great night, huh?" with a big smile on his face. I said yep, it sure was. We should do it again!
We had a great night.
No comments:
Post a Comment