Monday, October 31, 2011

the ongoing innovations of a lazy, scatter-brained mother

The kids have had 6 different Halloween & candy related activities in the weeks leading up to today, Halloween. Each of those activities has required the wearing of the Buzz Lightyear and TinkerBinky costumes. 


I am reminding myself to be proud that I haven't lost the costumes before now. But of course, in true, "I no longer have a functioning brain and can barely remember to fully clothe myself before walking into public" fashion, I forgot the TinkerBinky costume at my mother's house yesterday. The day before Halloween. The day before their big Halloween party at school.

Success story in the makings.

So, avoiding my predictable tendency to snap and have a serious 15 minutes of hate-filled self talk, I thought to my lazy self:
- Option 1: run to Walmart and buy new costumes?
- Option 2: have 1.5 wear 3.5's pirate costume from last year?
- Option 3: have 1.5 wear the frog costume hand me down from her cousin, for when she was size 0-6 months?

In all fairness to cuteness and extreme laziness, you can imagine which option I went with. And dare I say it turned out pretty nicely!

Did I mention I found her green tutu from her birthday party and have now turned this into
the Frog Princess 2011?

It was all good until she decided she wanted to sleep in it.
So, now, I'm hoping that there has been little nocturnal damage to the outfit and that in her semi slumber, I can get the tutu on without much of a problem. Then it's off to school for the big party.

Happy Halloween!

No comments: