enjoy!
"And in OTHER news… remember how I mentioned wanting to go do fetal fotos? Well I went last week and he wasn’t cooperating… hiding behind his hand and such. I went TODAY though and he was in a much better mood. Still hiding behind a hand… and both of his feet, but we got some good pics. So I wanted to show my favorite four to you! I got 3 dvds and a cd of pictures. So I’m giving one to our moms and then keeping one for us.
Here’s your little boy.
more of a full face and an ear.
The CUTEST little smirk/smile ever
Complete with fat cheeks, a double chin and no neck.
Just think how much fun we will have giving him kisses!!!!!!
Now, let me tell you about how today went. We’re in the room and she’s doing the ultrasound thing. (I barely get there with 2 minutes to spare because I had a 4:30 appt. silly me. Traffic was blah) So I’m talking to her about what it was like getting used to seeing babyblobs on the screen. She says it was hard at first and really tough for her with big babies because it was hard to tell hands from feet because everything’s so big. So I’m laying there like oh, okay, that’s random info to share, but interesting nonetheless, as I’ve never seen a big baby compared to a small baby on ultrasound…. Or so I thought. So I ask her, “wait… is my baby one of those ‘big babies’?” She was like YEAH.
So lemme tell you about our “little” man’s measurements. According to all of my calculations since June, we will be 34 weeks this Saturday. According to his measurements, his head is measuring at 39 weeks!!!! His body is measuring at 38 wks and 3 or 4 days. He looks to be about 6.6 pounds. Don’t know how long he is. But he should gain another 1-2 pounds before the due date. She says measurements can be inaccurate for big babies, because he’s FOUR WEEKS AHEAD OF WHERE HE SHOULD BE, and not to worry. I was like YEAH…. SURE.
So Mr. BigHead with his fat cheeks and double chin is still in the breech position (head to the right – gazing off to the side, like somebody else I know – booty to the left, feet above his head) with both feet OVER his head – which she says is actually good because the way his weight is in this position, it will help him flip over and engage. She says there will be no mistaking when he engages though (remember – engaging is when he flips over, head-first, into my pelvis) because he’s such a big boy. So we may have an 8 or 9 pounder on our hands here! With no neck and a double chin and fat cheeks. I can’t tell you how in love I am with this little stinker boy. She said he opened his eyes while we were doing the ultrasound too – but I didn’t know when he did that. It’s surprising to me that he is so big, with how “little” everyone says that I am, you know? But it’s a-ok. My baby is the perfect size for my body, says hypnobirthing cd!"
I have to say, again, that this pregnancy thing is pretty cool. I am just excited for the little one to get here. Childbirth/Hypnobirthing classes are cool. Very.... what's the word... all i can think of is "hippie" .... very, you know... New Age, that's the word. All of these affirmations to say to myself everyday and relaxation techniques and such. it's very weird for me because I'm the kind of person who's just like "give me the info and tell me how to do it and i'll do it." Whereas these classes are about "releasing fear" ... "going into your body and your baby" and the terminology is all different too... it's "softer" we say "surge" or "wave" instead of "contraction."
I hope I am able to maintain enough strength and determination to have a 100% no-intervention birth. I just wonder how that will go with Mr. Bighead. I told Michael to stop making fun of people with big heads bc our kids will end up with them... maybe now he'll learn.
I haven't heard from Michael in about a week and a half, but when I do... i will let you know the updates!
1 comment:
what a cute boy. Now of my ultrasound pictures are anywhere near so clear. I'm jealous.
Second and third trimester ultrasounds aren't usually that accurate at predicting weights anyway, so don't panic!
Post a Comment