I spoke with Michael on Friday night, at the unofficial end of OCS Phase II. He is doing very well and he is very ready to come home and relax. I have a few letters to pull excerpts from and post on here so that will be my project for today.
He says to tell everyone THANK YOU for the letters and words of encouragement. They have meant a lot to him and helped him stay focused during this trying time. What's wonderful about this experience is that nothing can take away the satisfaction and accomplishment he is gaining and will receive once he finishes.
This is truly a milestone for him in so many ways, and we are very thankful.
A few updates - he had a phone interview for the USFS (Forest Service) on the 19th and has moved on to the 2nd round of interviews in March. He's also received an invitation to apply for the Salt Lake Police Department and has testing on the 22nd of March.
These are both wonderful blessings for our little family and of course we will keep you posted.
In the land of pregnancy, all is well. We're at the "5-weeks-and-counting" mark and I keep having dreams about having the baby. Last night was my second dream of having the baby and both times I'm in the hospital, on the bed going through some sort of labor period (i never feel contractions - or "surges" as we call them in hypnobirthing) and then I end up birthing the baby with no one else around. Last night, I birthed the baby... I remember "receiving" him and then getting up to walk around and find my midwife while breastfeeding. Hours had gone by and I was looking for her because I forgot to deliver my placenta and didn't know what I should do. Plus I was still feeling "baby kicks" in my stomach and wondered if I was having twins without knowing it.... because my belly was still disformed every time I got kicked.
My midwife was in a water aerobics class at the hospital and couldn't help me at the moment. Weird. So then my mom showed up and said not to worry about it because breastfeeding was supposed to stimulate contractions and I had only fed the baby once.
So.... yeah. Weird dreams about being pregnant. I think the baby is engaging though... there's this huge hard spot in the top of my belly, which is larger and more square feeling than his little round head. So I'm hoping it's a little tummy, back or booty that's doing all of this maneuvering. I have yet to have any practice-labor surges, but I still do my breathing exercises and affirmations on a daily basis. Hopefully I'll know how to use them when the time comes!
Off to church. Will continue all of this later :)
1 comment:
I can't believe you only have 5 weeks left. That is amazing! I got a letter from Mike at work today. Which too is also amazing! He wrote it on Feb 13 and mailed it on Feb 19. He sounds much better and very excited to be drawing to the end of the training. Sounds like the last two weeks, while still hard, will be much improved over the previous.
Post a Comment