just a quick note... michael is home. We will be updating the blog soon with all of our recent developments (none of which include birthing a baby yet.) and I am just going to go ahead and confirm the fact that I laughed during all of my hypnobirthing classes when I thought about teaching the "language" to Michael because he would use his "fairytale bedtime story" voice while doing everything and I would end up giving him "the eye" until he got it right.
we've been doing some "rainbow relaxation" and he ends up snoring before the 25 minutes of relaxation are up. this is good because he usually struggles to get to sleep and stay asleep. Last night he seemed to sleep well. He tossed alot and at times i wondered if he was awake since his leg was halfway up in the air as I sat up doing some late night stuff for work and felt the baby move around - if this is any indication of his schedule once he gets here... Sleep will be a distant memory of the past between the hours of 12am and 3am.
it's been wonderful to have my honey home with me again. so nice to know that our union is what it's supposed to be and that we fall into step with each other pretty effortlessly. So far we have "plans" for the baby (that translates into me basically being neurotic enough to think that I can actually plan anything for this impending birth experience) and for visits and for feedings and for "how to keep lashawn calm during labor" and baby bag packing to do as well as costco visits to make to buy diapers and other such baby stuff.
we are beyond excited. Baby held up his end of the deal not to come until daddy was home so now we told him "any day you want to come, we're ready!" and Michael seems to think it's a good idea to push on the baby intermittently when we're laying around to "encourage" him to "come out, already." I can't say I blame him, but I know that I will miss the feeling of his little self in my belly moving around and stretching and being adorable under my skin.
I am happy for him to come out too so that I can snuggle him and kiss the little footsies that kick me in the side every day anyway. But there's something about being pregnant and the bond with the belly. I will definitely miss it. hopefully we'll be up and running again with preggy life in early 2009.
For now, we'll wait until Michael's commissioned at 2nd LT and various job interviews are out of the way before we see where the Lord will guide us now. God is good :)
2 comments:
Welcome home!
Good luck to all of you for the birth (and BTW, there are more effective--and fun--ways to encourage labor when you are lying around together).
HOORAY HOORAY HOORAY HOORAY! PLEASE TELL MIKE I SAID HELLO. I'M GLAD HE MADE IT BACK SAFE AND SOUND AND BEFORE THE BABY! Good luck with the planning, one word of advice (things never seem to go as expected so just don't get too set in 'your plan' and then fall apart if it doesn't all work.) It is good to have a plan so that you know what the ideal would be if you were in control - but really you aren't and never will be again (in a good way).
Post a Comment