Saturday, March 22, 2008

wondering if this is it...

so it's about 9pm on Saturday night and I've been feeling funny since 4pm when we headed out to our land today for Mike and his cousins to ride dirtbikes while I tended the fire and then we roasted marshmellows. I still smell like campfire and am in desperate need of a shower, so this entry will be short.

i am not sure if i'm having contractions or not. Your average person will say "oh, YOU'LL KNOW if you're having contractions." and i basically have to disagree. I've clearly had enough contractions to dilate 1cm and efface 50% over the last week and couldn't tell you a bit of what they were, when they happened or how they felt. So maybe I won't know what a contraction is.

here's what i'm feeling.... it feels like pressure in my lower abdomen, different from when Becton is moving around and creating his belly circus acrobatics... and it's noticeable pressure... not pain.

It lasts for about 10-20 seconds and I breathe through it and then it's gone for a few minutes... maybe 10 minutes if i'm not up doing something, and then it's back. At first (4pm) it reminded me of cramps... the kind of cramps I vaguely remember having on a rare basis at some times when I had my period. Kind of in my back... kind of lower abdomen, basically annoying pressure. Nothing to run to the hospital about, that I know of. Now it's noticeable pressure and I'm hungry and want to go eat, but i'm apprehensive about eating because of the whole "nausea/throw up during transition" crap i've also been hearing about.

it's not increasing in strength or length of time, so i'm really not too concerned about it.

Supposedly you shouldn't be able to talk while having the stronger-time-to-go-to-the-hospital contractions. I can still talk, but this is noticeable pressure in a way that I haven't experienced before during the pregnancy. So maybe we're getting prepared for the big event.

will keep you posted. :)

No comments: