Wednesday, June 4, 2008

The 8s!!!

man... these 10 hour days are something. i could be calling on all of these mommy bills I have from the hospital, but it's almost 4:30... and nobody is going to want to work with me at 4:30. I'll just have to call them tomorrow.

In the mean time and in between time... the 8s.

8 Things I'm Passionate About:
1. connecting with people through conversation
2. my role as mommy
3. my hubby & baby family
4. my immediate & extended family
5. spirituality & religious texts (I love to see how they complement each other)
6. school supplies
7. reading and learning stuff about history, culture, and perspectives
8. self-improvement


8 Books I Have Read and Enjoyed: (in the past 6 months. 6 months? i haven't read that many books in the past 6 months... or have I?)
1. Twilight
2. New Moon
3. Eclipse
4. Leadership & Self-Deception (re-reading)
5. Eat, Pray, Love
6. The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership
7. Strangling your husband is NOT an option
8. The 7 Principles for making marriage work

8 Things I Often Say:
1. oh good grief
2. what... the crap
3. are you SERIOUS
4. who's mommy's widdle honeybunnypunnymonkey?
5. ready to eat some food?
6. yeah...
7. oh gee.
8. hmmm, ok.

8 Things I Want to Do Before I Die (not in order of importance):
1. Work in juvenile justice
2. Get in a conversation with a "conservative," a "liberal," a "Democrat" & "Republican" and TRULY talk with one another to a point of understanding and respect, even if we disagree
3. Do public speaking on topics of leadership & diversity
4. Go to Egypt, Italy, South Africa & Brazil
5. Be the mommy that my kids can turn to as a friend
6. have fruit trees and a garden
7. get hooded by my mom
8. go on a mission with Michael

8 Things I Have Learned (or remembered, again) This Past Year:
1. Do your best to let things roll off your shoulders, and trust that the angels are keeping record so you don't have to. What idiots do or say is more a reflection of them than what they are trying to say about you.
2. Motherhood and childbirth are amazing regardless of the route you take to get there.
3. "Race" is still boiling under the surface of American interactions.
4. Blessings don't have pre-requesites.
5. Keep looking forward asking (and creating) "what's next?"
6. When in doubt, forgive and have faith.
7. Stress about a relationship means the relationship might not be something you need in your life.
8. Desiderata

2 comments:

by Kimberlee St. Clair said...

Thanks! That was totally fun....you are hysterical, thoughtful, intelligent, and all other good things...oh, and definitely humorous.

Love you! Come see me when you aren't crazy busy......hopefully, that is sooner than later.

Taylor-Rose said...

are you going to go see Twilight the movie? I don't think I am. I'm in love with my Edward, the one in my head, and I don't need the movie ppls messing that up, by putting a less attractive than the male in my head person on the screen as Edward. the dude they are using for edward has a really big head...