Tuesday, June 24, 2008

identity theft & you.

well, i am having my first experience with identity theft. there was a bill that came in my name from a health clinic in Pennsylvania, back in December, saying i'd been in the emergency room in november to the amount of $326. i called the health clinic people and said it wasn't me. they noted it in my account, but i got another bill this week. this time from a collector's agency!

i've since called both agencies and placed a fraud alert on my credit reports, just to be safe. both have essentially said to me "oh, this isn't you? Well, don't worry about the bill. Just disregard it." And i'm like... that's it? disregard identity theft? uhhhhh huh. So I've notated it on both bills that I talked to someone, and will file them away when I get some time. That way if any more mystery charges pop up... i'll have my arsenal ready.

all the things they never tell you about "growing up"...

like how writing checks really isn't all that fun, no matter how cute the checks you buy are!

No comments: