anyone know what baby poo is made of and why in the world it stains baby clothes worse than koolaid?
Little Mr. Becton "I smile and talk instead of latch on and eat at 3am in the morning" Schultz is still in the explosive poopy stage of life. Now, of course, this is in some ways contributed to by the fact that changing diapers at every 2am feeding lost it's appeal very quickly. So when he's up and eating at 6 or 7am and decides it's time to deliver the goods, all the way up and all the way out is usually his only option... and even when he's laying upright on a pillow (because he has to be able to look at everything and talk to it) it still goes up his back. I laughed as I wiped him down from his neck to his booty. Skills.
I'm down to the 20+ days remaining at my job before I start my new one. Still feeling the bittersweet-ness of the whole thing... having a hard time really letting go all of the way. There's so much to do and so much to improve upon (not in a bad way, in an energetic and inspiring way). I'm hoping that I've left my mark and have been seen as a positive contribution to this office and to my students and colleagues. I keep trying to offer myself as a consultant, but no one's really taking me seriously just yet. Maybe it's because I'm not taking me that seriously either because I'm not fully ready to leave.
... and then I get to see my little boy every night for only 4 hours before it's bedtime (either for him or for me - these 10 hour days are killing me) and I wish it was July 1 already.
We uploaded a link to a photo gallery of pictures. I hope folks have gotten a chance to look at them. he's truly a little light in our lives... and he's such a happy baby, we couldn't ask for anything more... except maybe the chance to sleep for 6 to 8 hours straight when we're NOT at g-ma dianne's house.
2 comments:
Oh, I remember those days....mine wipe their own booties now.....and, they feed themselves, and generally, they sleep through the night....However, with their years come other things, you know, attitude (and it comes out in words and actions), stinky pits, and way more independence.....now that I look at it, maybe I'd take the never ending poop and late night feedings......
best way to get rid of breastfed baby poop stains -- get the clothes wet and leave them in the sun. That's it. I just learned that, and I was so mad that I went through five kids worth of oxygen cleaners and scrubbing!
Post a Comment