Sunday, October 26, 2008

keeping up with the joneses....

.... of bloggerworld, that is.

Today is Sunday and in line with keeping the Sabbath holy, I am looking up cute blog templates so that I am more inclined to share my family events more often. I figure that fits in with the whole "spend time with family" part of being a good Sunday Sabbath day keeper.

So... today's layout is the Shire. Yes... LOTR, Hobbit-esque, shire. It was 3rd on my list, the other two wouldn't work, so this is it for now. At least until I find out how to keep all of my links/gadgets/widgets/whatever they are, on the side over there without having to re-enter them manually.

Note to those not on the list - I will add you soon, don't worry, I just have to go back to my original layout for all of your addresses again.

Now, let's see... in the Schultz household as of late are the following intriguing bits:

1. Becton is getting a tooth.
Yes, you heard/read it here first. He's getting his first bottom left tooth (the second is just under the skin) with which he'll be able to do absolutely nothing but continue to gum down teething biscuits and possibly draw blood while nursing. My excitement for him teething is bittersweet.

p.s. he LOVES teething biscuits. See below.
that's his "trying to hide so that nobody steals my biscuit from me"
aka "this is serious business" pose.



2. Michael goes back to the state parks tomorrow.
After 16 weeks, or was it 16 months? (inside joke) of Academy, he's back at his outdoor job.
At his swearing in ceremony we got to meet bosslady and the rest of the mgmt.
What a fun group of people!
I hate the commute for Michael, but I can tell that if there's anywhere I would support him staying for long-term, it's at the park. They're one big family.
Very family oriented and supportive.

3. We got a bed frame!
Yes, while we still live like college students, in a sense (futon in the living room),
we are starting to move on up to the world of grown folk living via grown folk furniture.
The bed frame is one step of many!
It's darker than the pic... dark cherry wood.
Michael picked it out. He has a great eye, don't you think?

That's not our bed.
Not our room either.
But that is the frame.

Personally, I think he finds stuff like this because he know I've been bitten by the domestic bug, well more like the "domestic-when-I-feel-like-it" bug, and he wants to see what kind of "decorating" I'll try to come up with. He likes things very simple. I like (some) things to look like they do in the pictures... i.e. the bed fram has the nice comforter... more than one pillow... some shams.... lazily pulled to the side with the double-sided print... very "Better Homes & Garden" looking, and that is my goal... to be more "Better Homes & Garden"-y.

Once we set up our bedroom, i will take pics and post.

Let's see, beyond those few additions, not a whole lot else is coming to mind.
Maybe I'll be inspired later tonight.
After my nap.

10 comments:

Anthony and Christel said...

La Shawn! Hey, you have a blog! It was so fun seeing you at church today. If you get a sec, check out our blog sometime. I am going to add you on my link list if you don't mind. Good seeing you!! :)

Taylor-Rose said...

im lovely how are you? its midterms so i'm rediculously busy, but its halloween time, so i'm really excited, none the less. I like your shire layout. I'm a LOTR nerd. I like the books and the movies, unlike Harry Potter where I just like the books. Are you going to go see the Twilight movie?

Jen said...

lashawn we still need to do family pictures for you guys!

thecutestblogontheblock.com is a great website for templates because you don't lose any of your widgets.

however if you can figure it out pyzam.com also has some blogger layouts but some of those cause you to lose your links and stuff.

as far as my blog, i just make my headers and leave everything else white.

miss you guys!
love,
jennifer

Jen said...

love the layout you have now though!

Anthony and Christel said...

http://www.jerilynphoto.com/family and jerilynphoto.blogspot.com/ It has contact info on her site. She was great and was pretty inexpensive!

Taylor-Rose said...

im trying soooo hard to resist, just because i have this vision of jacob as a mix between my boyfriend and antonio banderas, and stupid lavaboy is going to screw up the image in my head.... but i'm so curious.... ITS KILLING ME. i want to boycott, but i think ill be suckered into it. all my friends are going... bleh.

by Kimberlee St. Clair said...

Love the baby....and the bed is beautiful....give us the updated reality when you have some time! And come visit me soon!

Jen said...

i just find a pattern that i like, a jpg file. and then you can use like any photo editing program (or even regular Paint program) and use the text tool to write in whatever you want it to say-->i download cute fonts online too.

anyway then you save your work as a jpg and then upload it under the header section INSTEAD OF the blog header. hopefully that makes any sense.

i can't wait to see you guys' bed!!

Dyana said...

Love the blog! Very nice bed (frame, that is!). Good taste Michael! Just give Becton to Michael and let him naw on him for a while. haha

tootallstrupp said...

LaShawn! I want you to know that I have the exact same bed frame! Yep, seriously....got it last year as a present from my daddy when I graduated from Nursing School. Great taste! :) Enjoy!!