So as I'm styling my hair, Becton is doing his thing, crawling and exploring and such.
We've successfully saved two cassette tapes from ruin
(one happened to be my New Edition tape complete with "if it isn't love"!!!)
And he didn't break the tape player part of the stereo either
(not that he didn't try. I've simply realized that my tape player insert area thingies are great "pull up to a standing position" handles for him).
He's responding well (eventually) to "No sir, come out of there." when he takes his explorations to the bathroom area near the tub to play with his toys when they fall next to the toilet.
So I wasn't too worried when he went crawling around behind my glider rocker, until I saw him pick up something happily and put it in his mouth. Initially I was thinking he was gleeful because he found a long lost poofie that fell behind the chair, until I realized that he hasn't eaten any poofies in the chair, and I remembered that I had just been back there cleaning up pieces of a broken flower-dy necklace of mine that had these itty, bitty, you guessed it, bite size pieces.
Mind you - this is all in a 1.5 second time span,
part of my new mommy skills involve split second thinking and decision making.

So here's what I found behind the seat.
One of these is the one that was in his mouth.
And this is Becton after I told him no he couldn't eat the necklace flowers.I'm sure I'll get used to this face.
He's learning to tantrum as well, but rarely gets a chance to go full-tantrum because I have him in my arms as soon as he starts fussing.
*sigh*
Motherhood
1 comment:
my favorite pictures, the unhappy crying ones. save those for later
Post a Comment