Tuesday, December 18, 2007

maybe it's the brownies...

so we've hit the 25 week mark already and I am noticing changes in my little one's movements. (Let me just say that there's really no way to fully express the continued surreal feeling that I have when realizing again and again that there is life growing in my abdomen.)

he seems to be active alot more often during the day now... and he is having a continuous impact on my bladder. Today, before noon, with very little assistance from more than a glass of juice (maybe) during breakfast, I had to visit the potty 3 different times. Maybe it's left over from yesterday's 40+ ounces of water that I drank, or maybe it's the brownies.

or the cinnamon rolls.

the sugar is supposed to make the baby more active.

i read all of these baby book chapters about "great nutrition" for pregnant mommies (green leafy veggies and other boring stuff that can't be fried or sauteed) and I wonder if they're really for the baby's health or if they're just foods you're supposed to eat so that you don't psychologically think that you're growing into a pig because you eat junk food. I take my prenatals everyday and I eat what i want. If lunch is a grilled ham & cheese with french fries? so be it.

I do not like vegetables off of my own terms. I like broccolli, green beans, corn and sometimes I like salad. But that is it. Michael makes sure that I eat my veggies every night - and I do so begrudgingly. One woman who has been pregnant told me that on one pregnancy she tried to do the nutrition thing and still gained X pounds and on another she ate whatever she wanted and still gained X pounds - so there was no real difference in what she ate - so she told me to eat whatever I want.

i'm 20 pounds heavier than I was in July. I'll probably gain another 10-15 between now and when the baby is due (since I've got 15 weeks to go in the pregnancy) and voila, there's my recommended 35 pregnancy pounds. I'm in no rush to lose the weight either. Pregnancy is too cool of an experience to worry about calories.

No comments: