Friday, December 21, 2007

Wanna see our nursery?

I giggle when I come to our blogspot because I look at the different titles of our blogs and I can generally tell by first glance which ones are mine and which ones are Michael's. You can imagine our dinner conversations sometimes huh?

anyway - today we were BLESSED to get baby stuff from one of Michael's dear friends! Mind you she has a family of 4 already and sent us TWO boxes of stuff from our Target registry (that we haven't completed, let alone made public - talk about an amazing heart and proactive at that!) so I figured, in my mommy zone of tears for gratitude, that I should take pictures and tell you a bit about our growing nursery.

For starters, we don't have a nursery room. Since we got married, our 3 bedroom condo has only seemed to get smaller! We have our master bedroom which = bed and LaShawn's clothes. We have our second room which = Michael's clothes and small futon. And we have our third room (it's really a lot like Goldilocks, isn't it?) which = office area a.k.a. LaShawn's storage space of everything she's horded over for at least 10 years.

Yeah.

So there was really no where to put the baby (no room at the Inn basically) once we found out we were pregnant.

Then came the gifts! Michael's mom was first on the ball with our crib from his 7 year old niece, a high chair and a stroller (all from the same niece). Once it arrived, it stayed over at Eli's house (Mike's uncle) for a few weeks and then we brought it over. Meaning I directed Michael in the lifting and carrying of the heavy pieces after he decided to tell me that I could carry some of it too. I think I carried a small piece. Anyway, one day I came home from work and Mike had spent the day putting together the crib! And he even kept my little Diva thing over it. At this time we didn't know we were having a boy- so the canopy was a very cute, delicate, dainty and girly touch. Now that we're having a boy, I'm trying to find some justification for keeping it there, (appreciation of nature?) but failing miserably.

anyway, this is a picture of our crib.
As you can see it's next to a window. We may have to revisit that. It has tons of stuffed animals (that will be removed before the baby gets here, don't worry) and my diva canopy draping it. It is right next to my sock drawer as well as our TV and radio entertainment center. Excellent for a baby, right?

Yeah.

I am thinking of moving the crib in between the two windows in the room and putting a glider/rocker chair thing where the TV and such is.

One of our gifts is on the side of the crib... it's a multi-use, super cool, diaper holder organizer thing. Under it are two state-of-the art Rubbermaid plastic drawer things to hold more baby stuff. (djv)

Usually the crib is packed with all of the baby gifts we've received so far. I took them out and put them on the bed so that I could see just how generous family and friends have already been! It's really heart warming.

So here's our growing collection of baby stuff.
On the left hand side are all of the family gifts from previous nieces, more nieces and even Michael and his brothers' "first" outfits. The yellow blanket on the left is Michael's blankey from when he was a baby.

The toys on the left are our niece's.

The baby bath in the middle and the clothes in the middle are our gifts from Michael's friend Tutu. We got a diaper genie refill, a baby bath, a hooded robe, diaper organizer thingie and a dresser top diaper changing helper station... thing. The rest of the stuff is clothes from two of my dear friends, Briana and Mindi.

Me and Mike buy baby stuff each time we're in Walmart. We bought a crib mattress pad something or other this last time.
I have no idea where to put all of this stuff once the baby gets here, so this should prove QUITE interesting!
Finally, this is a pic of a baby lamp. I think this is from the "when michael was a baby era" also. I just think it's precious and I love that we have it.

Next to the little zoo animal lamp is the brown bride from our wedding gatherings. The little beige groom has broken off both of his legs and hands. Michael threw him away, but (fearing symbolism-esque voodoo like I do) I saved him. I haven't repaired his legs or hands yet, but he's all in pieces for when i get the time to.
Michael put the Santa hat on it for the season. I will have to go downstairs and take pictures of our holiday decorations now that I think about it and you can see how festive and interior decorator minded both me and Michael are.
But for now... this is our growing nursery, waiting for our little stinker boy to get here so we can play with him. Yay!

2 comments:

Marge said...

Ok so I know how you can totally justify keeping up the girl canopy over a boys crib but you have to do a jungle safari theme in the room. You can call it a mosquito net, men in the military serving overseas will totally get this, to keep the bugs in the jungle away from your little man. Hey I'm trying my hardest to help out. Tell Mike and see what he thinks. Looks great so far and CONGRATS on a boy!

LaShawn said...

LOL. yes Marj I like the jungle net idea very much! THanks for checking in.
Mike