Sunday, November 11, 2007

20 weeks?!!?!?

I am just shocked as can be that I'm 20 weeks pregnant. I feel like I just barely got pregnant last week! Well, not really last week, more like a month ago. But still... i'm at the halfway point!

I feel the baby move a few times a day. it's not the butterflies in my belly anymore, it feels like little gas bubbles. Sometimes they're strong. Sometimes they aren't. Michael has felt one of them, I think, when his hand was on my belly - but since I can't predict when little one is moving... i can't really call him over until after the baby's moved.

Let's see, what else is happening with preggy life. Ummm... oh - the joys of not having a "time of the month" are splendid. I was walking in Wal-Mart last night and as I passed the "feminine" aisle, I did a silent happy dance because I didn't have to buy any feminine stuff! just makeup and a loofa sponge. I can't say that I'll be looking forward to "being a woman" again once this baby's here. Who knows. It's been a nice break, that's for sure.

And another fun development is my lack of "Bra Honor Roll" status. I used to be an A/B student in the bra category of life. I am now close to failing out of Bra-school. I haven't weighed this much (i'm back to 155 as of this week) in 10 years and surprisingly most of it has made me a heavyweight from mid-level on up.

Buttoning shirts is history. zippering and buttoning pants as well. The next shopping spree will be soon and I have realized i'm officially chubby because I can't fit into my favorite jeans anymore. I love it though. Being pregnant is the most amazing thing I've experienced in my life (so far) and I am actually a tad excited for the baby to get here.

I keep polling various women about natural or epidural and am noticing a trend in the women who are saying natural (my mom) and epidural (the girls at work). I've told my midwife to just have someone on hand in case I decide not to be She-Ra while i'm in labor. So we'll see.

Tuesday, November 13th is a big day... provided that Baby Schultz cooperates. We'll know if we have She-Ra or He-Man Schultz. (like the new monikers? yeah... kinda tight - Optimus Prime and Bionic Diva Schultz are also heavy contenders) We'll see & as always, we'll keep you posted!

1 comment:

Taylor-Rose said...

WOOOOOOOO Optimus Prime is only the best transformer ever. I think any baby male or female, would be honored to carry the fetus name of Optimus Prime. Besides... since when did robots truley have genders anyways?
Which always made me wonder how Optimus Prime and Megatron are brothers if they are robots... hmmm... yes well I will stop being a total nerd now and uh say YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY another baby in 20 more weeks! I love babies :]