Tuesday, November 13, 2007

okay... so anxiety's GOT to be part of pregnancy **updated**



Or at least it's just a standard part of "day before baby appointment" sleep patterns. We have our 20-week ultrasound today and I, as usual before an appointment, kept waking up every few hours to see if it was time to get up. It wasn't.

right now it's 8:49 and I'm up and eating breakfast and starting to drink the 34 oz of water that was recommended to me to drink prior to the ultrasound so that we can hopefully see the sex of the little bugger we're having.

Our appointment is at 10:15, we have to be there by 9:45. Michael is still asleep. He took an oxygen level test, or something, last week because his insomnia has started to come back and he's never slept deeply in the almost 4 years that I've known him. So hopefully they'll have some results for him in the next couple of weeks.

Lucky for me, I've never had a problem sleeping. Nothing severe at least. Just these "day before appointment" jitters.

Off to breakfast! Cast your votes now!!


****UPDATE*****
12:39 p.m.

Well well well, we are back from the midwife and the ultrasound.... I sent a text out to a bunch of friends and family asking for their final votes before we went in. I'll have to relate the details to you in a later entry but for now... here are are the votes, the picture and the verdict. (we may go do another one of the "fun" baby ultra sound things because they were running behind in appts and put us on the "older" ultrasound machine - so the pics are more grainy)



The VOTES via texts and our poll and our thoughts
For a Girl - 13


For a Boy - 7
For Twins - 1 (thank you sissy. lol)

Here are the pictures of our active little one:








1. A little footsie to kick mommy in the full bladder she had at the time













2. A little hand to hide a little face behind...































3. An adorable profile... with a cute little nose.



I swear we saw yawning and laughing while we were in there...










A cute little alien baby face. Is that a smile?







And last but not least....

4. IT'S A BOY!!!!!


to the right of the screen where the baby is you can kind of see two dark circles... and there's a little appendage looking thing in the middle of the two of them... and yeah.... it's a boy!!!!!

So far, his name is Becton Moroni Schultz.






We will keep you posted as he continues to develop. Midwife and midwife's nurse say we're doing very well and are on-target for due date!




We're BEYOND excited!!!!


4 comments:

Marge said...

I'm hoping for a boy! Only because everyone seems to be having girls as of late. I'm glad you are getting all kinds of sleep (minus appointment nights) because pretty soon you won't sleep a wink. GOOD LUCK at your appointment. HOPE IT ALL GOES WELL!

miss niecie said...

oh, that's so exciting! i was kind of hoping you'd have a boy after i said it would be a girl. we need more men in the family lol.

Taylor-Rose said...

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY bbs! Becton? That's really cool too. AHHHH. yes the next generation of the family on both sides of me will have uber cool names yaaaay!

Tyson Gerber said...

HAHAHA! Baby Shults! Cute little guy! Smiling already and he hasn't even seen the light! :)

Well just wanted to congratulate you and Micheal on the baby boy!

You have to let him grow a FRO! He will probably have one when he pops out! All curly and everything! That would be awesome if he could grow a fro as a baby! I want a picture! LOL :)

Well congratulations Lashawn I am truly happy for you! Love the Blog and how you just throw things out on your webpage, others would be nervous even talking about!

Thanks have a good day!