Saturday, November 3, 2007

oh yes... the Haunted Mental Hospital Story...

This is from early October... the 5th to be exact.

I sent this email to my office the next morning explaining why I would be late to work.

Title: The Haunted House
So we went to the dumb haunted house last night and I got scared when the Jason-esque characters in this open field (behind the haunted mental hospital that we were in) pulled out the chainsaws and blocked the one doorway where you can leave to go to the next part.

As soon as I saw an exit, I ran - and went the wrong way.... running into the nearest field-looking-safety-place-away-from-the-haunted-house-area and it turned into my personal scary movie because they block the "wrong way passages" with a rope or two. Well, I didn't see the rope, but I felt it right when my ankles stopped running and the rest of me didn't. So I flew over it - Supergirl style, with the full benefits of instant gravity halfway between both ropes and landed on the straw covered ground, front first. As I waited for some type of net to come up from under me and suspend me in the air, I heard the scary clown/ring master people yell "wrong way!" Great timing.

So I am scraped up and sore and vowing to never go to any more haunted anythings again and dropping by my midwife's office to make sure my idiotic self didn't damage the baby belly - i'm scraped up there too, but if the baby is tucked away and fine... i'm fine. I feel fine (besides the scrapes on my arms, belly, and knees) but I just want to be sure. The office opens at 9, i'm sure she'll tell me not to be stupid and run away from fake chainsaw scary people - so it won't take long. I'll be in between 10/10:30.

It's okay if you laugh... I did too, eventually. the chainsaw was only the halfway point of the haunted house - so i had to finish the rest of it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

yeah, so between me almost dying in haunted houses and michael riding up mountains and breaking ATV's... this child will be lucky if neither of us have sustained sufficient injuries by the time it gets here.

I can't really say that I don't like adventure. We've been looking at floor plans for the house and the biggest selling point to me for one of the plans was the one with the wraparound porch. Why? Was it because we can walk around the whole house while being outside? Sure, that helped. But a little bit of daredevil will be passed onto my children and I know for a surety that the railings of the wraparound porch are perfect "let's see who can jump the farthest/fastest/break something first" lessons for our Diva Schultz and Lil' Man Schultz.

You heard it here first.

3 comments:

The McAdams Family of Maryland said...

Well, that was the funniest story I've heard in a loooong time!!! Thanks for sharing! Let us know how the little one is doing. Trying not to do things like this again while you are pregnant

LaShawn said...

LOL, oh man that was and is funny to read about!

You want to know about our little daredevil learning from his dad? I had to laugh when you talk about the contests he's going to have. Cause you know I'm going to be daring him to jump off the railing to the ground or see how far he can jump his bike or dirtbike right?!
Punky

Taylor-Rose said...

awwwww are u saying that the next generation of bbs still wont be able to fly off of railing?!?! dangit... evolution is failing...