Saturday, November 3, 2007

Shawnie speaks...

soooooo... everybody thinks we're having a girl. Interesting. Works for me, since I LOVE all the cute babygirl stuff I've seen in the stores. AND our crib has a cute canopy thingie over it which is very "baby diva"-esque as it is. Well, we'll know specifics officially on November 13th, provided that BabySchultz cooperates.

I am planning on changing the baby's moniker once we know what it is.

Little Girl = Diva Schultz.
Little Boy = LittleMan Schultz (I'm trying to find something manly for him, without overpowering how much of mommy's little man he's going to be - expect some type of change as the pregnancy progresses).

I can't tell you how cute I know our kid will be, whether we have a boy or a girl. And I don't mean cute like gorgeous looking, I just mean cute the way kids are CUTE no matter what they do.

I imagine our little girl truly being a Diva. I've heard enough stories about me as a child to know that I will birth a drama queen. And then add into the equation some of Michael's antics when he's sick, tired or away from me at Military training and yeah, there is no other option for a little girl's nickname than Diva.

She will be the Diva of the household and I will think it is the cutest thing since the little hawaiian bathing suit with grass skirt I saw in the toddler section a while back. What I anticipate most about kids is that they really have no concept of anyone else's schedule except for the one they make you adhere to. I can't imagine that I'll want to do anything less than hover over our little one and snuggle it all the time, but what a change my life is going to have! I can already see, in my mind's eye, our little Diva recognizing our faces and voices for the first time, rolling over onto her back from her fat little belly, and I mainly see her as a toddler, 100% daddy's girl being more interested in "girly things" than daddy's motorcycles.

Knowing Michael, he will find a way to combine the two - he's convinced me to be more appreciative of motorcycles, at least when I can find cute matching gear for them (i.e. anything pink or orange). Smart man. We've basically said that as long as he takes time to paint her toenails the same color as his bright green bike, and lets her help make cookies for mommy while stealing bits of cookie dough, he'll be Dad the SuperHero 24/7.

LittleMan Schultz will be the man of the house and spend most of his toddler time playing soldier and fixing things.... like daddy. Lucky for me, we don't live in a household where the man tries to fix things and you end up calling in someone else to do the job the right way. Michael is actually very handy with tools. You should see the section of hardwood flooring he put in our living room. I'm working on asking him to do the whole living room - but it's about 500+ square feet, including the hallway, I think. So LittleMan will pick up on that stuff and have his own little tool box to walk around and be important with behind Daddy. We'll have to get a bigger garage so that his first dirtbike can fit in there alongside daddy's bikes and I'm pretty sure he'll learn to ride a dirtbike before a bicycle. And aside from being mr. fixit and soldier boy - he will be mommy's hero and looooovvveeee snuggle time with mommy to show her how smart he is and who he was nice to that day and how he LOVES the kitties.

I just know we'll have a lot of fun. Don't get me wrong, I know that our lives will change, and still I'm not scared of it - the way it seems like people who tell me about having kids seem to make it, at least. I know that we'll still take road trips to St. George to go hiking and to Colorado to see the mountains... to DC to learn about history, visit family and friends wherever they are. Simply put, I see our lives getting better, not more difficult, because of little ones. To make a transition of being less self-concerned for the sake of our kid just makes sense to me. time will tell.

No comments: